“It is my perception that Reiki and mindfulness helped and continues to help with healing on multiple levels, equally with physical, mental, and emotional issues. Through Reiki and mindful practice, our deeper awareness compels us to become our authentic selves. This process is different and unique to each person, but I have seen it work in others time and time again.”
In the mid-1990s Mr. Grossman began practicing meditation, the subtle body. It was then he was first exposed to Reiki through the auspicious receipt of a CKR symbol, at the time not knowing what it was. Yet it was something he held in his mind and led him to his current practice.
In 1998, he joined the U.S. Army as an infantryman. He served with the 101st Airborne Division, and the 1st Infantry Division. After nearly seven years of honorable service, he had earned the rank of Sergeant, deployed three times, and served in combat in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
In 2007, Mr. Grossman became an advocate accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for DAV, a 501(c)(4) veterans organization. His work included case management, advocacy, and leading a tri-state team interfacing with medical professionals, Congressmen, and local agencies on behalf of veterans and their families.
He later joined Wounded Warrior Project® in Washington, D.C. the nation’s premier voice for Post 9/11 wounded, ill, and injured. He served as a Subject Matter Expert at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, National Intrepid Center of Excellence, various Warrior Transition Units, and collaborated with Wounded Warrior Project’s Combat Stress Recovery Team, Warrior Care Network, Physical Health and Wellness, and Engagement teams. It was within these years he collaborated with his teammates and witnessed the growth that holistic programming had on the minds, bodies, and spirits of traumatized warriors and their families.
From 2016 to 2020, he experienced what Ekhart Tolle refers to as the “dark night of the soul”, the intense state of physical, mental, emotional, and deeply spiritual pain of meaninglessness. He suffered from combat trauma, survivor’s guilt, emotional numbing, rage, and depression, alongside a host of physical and neurological issues from service. Like many warriors of his generation, he flirted with alcohol and death.
With support from his wife, family, and brothers and sisters-in-arms and WWP, Mr. Grossman began to approach wellness through mindfulness, meditation, and transcendental meditation techniques, retreats, and holistic programs, like the ones he helped other warriors engage in. Emerging from an intense and prolonged period of meditation addressing his physical and psychic trauma, he was internally guided to study Reiki and deepen his meditation studies within multiple modalities to provide trauma-informed mindfulness and meditation.
Mr. Grossman believes service to others is a life calling. Mr. Grossman is a wellness professional whose only desire is to competently empower others as they find meaning and healing within themselves through the practices he facilitates.
The practices used at Mind Body Spirit REIKI are either “evidence-based” and recognized as such by the medical community, or have a significant level of clinical research to support favorable responses physiologically and mentally in the easing of symptoms and an increasing sense of empowerment.
- Usui/Holy Fire ® III Reiki: Private Sessions
- Mindfulness + Usui/Holy Fire ® III Reiki: Private Sessions
- Usui/Holy Fire ® III Reiki Talk/Experience: To Your Site/Place of Business/Gathering
- Usui/Holy Fire ® III Reiki Classes: Usui/Holy Fire® III Reiki I: Usui/Holy Fire® III Reiki I & II; Usui/Holy Fire® III Reiki Master – TBD
Degrees, Certifications, Memberships
- BSc. Integrative Studies & Communications – Indiana Wesleyan University, Magna Cum Laude
- Registered Holy Fire® III Karuna® Reiki Master – William L. Rand, Founder & Senior Licensed Reiki Master Teacher (LRMT), International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT)
- Usui/Holy Fire® III Reiki Master – William L. Rand, Founder & Senior Licensed Reiki Master Teacher (LRMT), International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT)
- Usui/Holy Fire® III Reiki First and Second Degree – Tracy Sullivan, Licensed Reiki Master Teacher (LRMT), International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT)
- Usui/Holy Fire® III Reiki First and Second Degree – Joan Ruggiero, Reiki Master Teacher, Affiliate Member, International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT)
- Usui Reiki Ryoho Master (Shinpiden) – Suzanne Smith, RMT – The Intuitive Connection
- Certified Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Professional (CMT-P) (200hr) – Inbody Yoga Academy – Dana Levy, Charlotte Bell, Dr. Steve Proskauer, Sammy Brown, D’ana Baptiste, Aron Stein, Linda Black. Accredited through the International Mindfulness Teachers Association (IMTA)
- Trauma-Informed Facilitation & Teaching – Engaged Mindfulness Institute – Fleet Maull, Peter Levine, Ph.D, Laurie Leitch, Ph.D., Bessel Van der Kolk, Ph.D., Pat Odgen, Ph.D., David Treleaven, Ph.D., Elizabeth Hopper, Ph.D., Stephen Porges , Ph.D
- Certificate, Consciousness Studies and Self-Awareness: Modern Science and Ancient Indian Wisdom (128 hrs.) – ARCIS, Kolkata in collaboration with Kaivalyadhama Yoga Institute, Lonavla
- Certificate, Ethics, Legal Issues & Risk Management Strategies for Practitioners of Energy Healing Methods (60hr) – Midge Murphy, JD, PhD, LLC
- Certificate, The Science of Sound: Healing Sound Therapy – Bruce Taylor, M.S..Ed., RMT, RYT200 – Roots of Life
- Professional Member – Reiki Membership Association (RMA) – ICRT
- Member – International Mindfulness Teachers Association (IMTA)
- Member – National Association of Complementary and Alternative Medicines (NACAMS)
Holy Fire® is a registered service mark of William Lee Rand
Door will be locked except for scheduled classes
We welcome all members of our community at Centered. If finances are a limiting factor for you, please ask about scholarships and sliding scale opportunities, as we are often able to work with clients and students to find a way to make our classes financially accessible. Scholarship spaces are limited; please ask about availability if you are in need.